It’s a cliché in the movies: the car that gets banged up and knocked around, but gets its passengers to their destination — only to fall to pieces the minute they arrive. It’s funny to watch on screen, but no fun at all if it happens to you.
That’s why you’ll want to talk with your independent insurance agent about Hastings Mutual’s Multi Protection Guard opportunity. It’s an extension to your vehicle’s physical damage coverage that offers a variety of additional coverages.
- Auto Loan/Lease Coverage: If you’re still paying a loan on your vehicle, or it has been leased, and the vehicle is a total loss, we’ll pay a significant part of what you owe. What’s a total loss? It depends on the state, the cost of repairs, and the actual cash value of the vehicle, among other factors.
- GPS Theft: If a GPS-only device is stolen, we’ll cover your loss. This is for devices dedicated for GPS service like a Garmin or Magellan. It does not apply to cell phones, even when they’re being used as a GPS.
- New Vehicle Replacement Cost: A car loses value the minute it’s driven off the lot, but any car that’s less than a year old is still worth quite a bit. With this coverage, we’ll help cover more of the costs to fix, or even entirely replace, your vehicle.
- New Vehicle Replacement Hybrid Upgrade: If your new vehicle (less than a year old) is a total loss, you can replace it with a new hybrid car for the same cost. There’s many advantages to the upgrade, including: better fuel efficiency, improved resale value compared to traditional vehicles, and tax credits — at least for cars with a plug-in electrical charging system.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Parts: We’ll use original equipment manufacturer parts (instead of parts from third parties) for some vehicles. What’s the benefit? OEM parts are what the vehicle was built with originally; they should work just as well as they would the first time they were used. It’s also usually a single type of part, while buying a third-party part may mean comparing dozens of almost-identical items, with no guarantee it will do what you’re paying for it to do.
- Pet Injury Coverage: Hastings Mutual and our independent agency team is there for your entire family. We offer protection for animals hurt or killed in an accident on the road.
- Rented Vehicles: An accident in a rented car can result in extra expenses. We’ll help you cover them, so you don’t have to worry about spending extra cash for a temporary insurance policy before your vacation or business trip has even begun.
- Travel Interruption: A car that’s not working far from home can be a real headache. If you need to get repairs, and you’re more than 100 miles from home, our Multi Protection Guard policy covers meals, transportation, and overnight stays until you’re back on the road.
- Two Or More Deductibles: Have more than one policy with Hastings Mutual? If more than one policy can be used to recover from a loss, you’ll only have to pay the deductible for one of those policies. You can literally get two (or more) coverages for the price of one.
Hopefully your car never needs any of these coverages. But if you’re behind the wheel a lot of the time, or you want to reduce your risks if there’s an accident, the unique mix of coverages you can get in a Hastings Mutual Multi Protection Guard policy can be right for you.